Women Executives is a diverse group of accomplished women who support and nurture each other's personal and career growth. WE provides a forum for professional interactions, sponsors programs for professional growth, and encourages its members to develop their leadership potential and serve the community. The goal of WE is to be an organization that is representative of leaders in the business, professional, educational and nonprofit community of Charlotte.
A Message from Our PresidentSurviving and Thriving in a New World
Dear WE Membership,
Wow, what a time we find ourselves in! Despite the numerous uncertainties and challenges in the world around us, the shared experiences and friendships that bind us together within WE remains unchanged. While I do not know exactly what challenges are ahead as we find ourselves in a pandemic or post-pandemic (hopefully soon!) world, I do know that I want to surround myself more than ever with the people that inspire and nourish me. The mission of WE - supporting and nurturing each other's personal and career growth - has never before been more relevant.
As I think about the year ahead, our goals for WE right now are simple to care for one another and to stay connected in new ways. We are all balancing many demands on our time and talent now more than ever, Women Executives is that safe haven for us all. I hope that you will look to connect within WE in new ways in the year ahead.
Our 2020/2021 Board is excited for the year ahead and looking forward to navigating it together. I hope that many of you will chose to join a WE or WINGS committee in 2020 as that is the best way to get to know other members while helping to fulfill the mission of WE.
Grateful to be a part of this WE community, as WE are Surviving & Thriving in a New World!
Women Executives President, 2020-2021
The membership process requires that each prospective member be sponsored by two Women Executives members with a cumulative seven years as members of WE. In addition, both the lead and co-sponsor need to have been a member at least 1 year.CHARACTERISTICS OF A WE MEMBER
A WE member exhibits some or all of the following characteristics:
- Expresses interest in and demonstrates her commitment to WE's mission and objectives.
- Enriches the diversity of WE in one or more ways (professionally, culturally, through accomplishments, or by forging new paths.)
- Has a demonstrated record of accomplishment, both personally and professionally. She exhibits the knowledge, determination and strength of character which lead to success.
- Exhibits her skills not only in her work, but in active participation in business, civic, community or charitable organizations.
- Is a mentor and a model of inspiration for others.
- Maintains ethical standards which are evidenced by her behavior, her interpersonal dealings, and the manner in which she conducts business.
- Resides in the greater Charlotte metropolitan area.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION CRITERIA FOR ALL PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS
- Prospective member has a demonstrated and progressive record of accomplishment, both personal and professional. She follows respected and ethical business practices, is a leader in her field, and she exhibits all of the qualities of a WE member outlined above.
- Prospective member represents a business or profession that will provide WE with a balanced and representative cross section of businesses and professions in the community. Through her membership, she enriches the diversity of WE in one or more ways (professionally, culturally, through accomplishments or by forging new paths).
- Prospective member will contribute actively to WE through attendance at and participation in WE activities such as: committees, projects, support of WECS, or other WE projects and/or networking with or mentoring other members.
- Prospective member will commit to the mission and vision of WE in such ways as sharing her skills through active participation in business, civic, community or organization or other activities.