Women Executives is a diverse group of accomplished women who support and nurture each other's personal and career growth. WE provides a forum for professional interactions, sponsors programs for professional growth, and encourages its members to develop their leadership potential and serve the community. The goal of WE is to be an organization that is representative of leaders in the business, professional, educational and nonprofit community of Charlotte.
A Message from Our PresidentConnect, Share and Nourish
Dear WE Members,
How lovely it is that Women Executives is clear and intentional with what we are ABOUT. In fact, it is right here; at the top of this page. And this year we have been about the business of US. WE. Have you noticed? Have you participated? Have you (not so selfishly) nurtured your own personal and/or career growth through your membership in Women Executives?
This fall we focused on articulating what we offer in Women Executives, the chance to be INSPIRED through thought-provoking speakers and conversation over lunch. The opportunities to SOCIALIZE, purely for the sake of having fun and cultivating friendships with each other. To CONNECT deeply with others through a Forum commitment or by a shared connection such as the Caregivers or Entrepreneurs Group and common needs of support and nurture. And we EMPOWER other women in our community through many opportunities for service to WECS and through our WINGS Scholars program.
In December we refreshed the look of our weekly eblast to make the OPPORTUNITIES within WE easier to identify. We also increased the depth of content we will cover in the EBLAST by using click through links. We are presenting more information about our members, their honors and awards, and even now have a place to present news about community events that YOU want share with Women Executives. Please take time to "click through" the links in the eblast; I think you will be pleasantly surprised with ALL that is there each week.
You are highly encouraged to download the WE APP as well. This app lets you VERY easily see and register for events, read current and past eblasts, follow Member News that is now housed and kept by month. The WE APP is also a membership directory for quick contact information and member pictures and more right at your fingertips. Download, use and let us know what else would you like your WE APP to do for you.
This spring you will see that we will continue to INSPIRE you with some outstanding speakers and topics, give you many fun opportunities to SOCIALIZE over breakfast, lunch or dinner, at the Symphony, playing games, or sitting on the glass at a hockey game. Find the support you need by CONNECTing with others that are within WE. And most importantly you can TRY SOMETHING NEW: on February 19 we/TALK gives our members a platform to share an outstanding and inspiring story with us. This first-time event will be an unforgettable morning of wonderful speakers. For those that love to TRAVEL, WE will be taking a lovely day trip to the Yadkin Valley for lunch, an afternoon of wine tasting AND all transportation is included. We will also start a WE Book Club, our first title will be a VIRTUAL BOOKCLUB so that any WE member in Charlotte or beyond can come together virtually to discuss their reading.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve this wonderful organization of highly accomplished women. This year has been so much fun...and the best is still ahead of us. Please engage; you owe it to yourself.
Fondly and in friendship,
Women Executives President, 2018-2019
The membership process requires that each prospective member be sponsored by two Women Executives members with a cumulative seven years as members of WE. In addition, both the lead and co-sponsor need to have been a member at least 1 year.CHARACTERISTICS OF A WE MEMBER
A WE member exhibits some or all of the following characteristics:
- Expresses interest in and demonstrates her commitment to WE's mission and objectives.
- Enriches the diversity of WE in one or more ways (professionally, culturally, through accomplishments, or by forging new paths.)
- Has a demonstrated record of accomplishment, both personally and professionally. She exhibits the knowledge, determination and strength of character which lead to success.
- Exhibits her skills not only in her work, but in active participation in business, civic, community or charitable organizations.
- Is a mentor and a model of inspiration for others.
- Maintains ethical standards which are evidenced by her behavior, her interpersonal dealings, and the manner in which she conducts business.
- Resides in the greater Charlotte metropolitan area.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION CRITERIA FOR ALL PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS
- Prospective member has a demonstrated and progressive record of accomplishment, both personal and professional. She follows respected and ethical business practices, is a leader in her field, and she exhibits all of the qualities of a WE member outlined above.
- Prospective member represents a business or profession that will provide WE with a balanced and representative cross section of businesses and professions in the community. Through her membership, she enriches the diversity of WE in one or more ways (professionally, culturally, through accomplishments or by forging new paths).
- Prospective member will contribute actively to WE through attendance at and participation in WE activities such as: committees, projects, support of WECS, or other WE projects and/or networking with or mentoring other members.
- Prospective member will commit to the mission and vision of WE in such ways as sharing her skills through active participation in business, civic, community or organization or other activities.